A Weblog



Friday, March 10, 2006

Timeout

I have been writing lots of stories lately. My previous two posts were stories. My next one is also a story(yawn!). It should complete the trilogy. Now don ask me wat the common thread connecting the three stories...even I am searching for sth :O!
Many ppl have asked me why I changed my blog name from Me Te ReBel to Viive. Well after reading Ayn Rand(its her again!), I realised tat the rebel in me has disappeared. I hve become wateva I din want myself to be. Anyhow, the rebel in me is down but not out ;-). And to indicate tat, i hve changed my blogger disp pic to that of a flicker of light. Again inspired from Rand. Terz a similar flame in the book Atlas Shrugged:the flame from Wyatt's Oil Field. Any Rand followers wud know wat its sup 2 mean. For others, the flame is the symbol of the crusade against the looters. They say "Alcohol breeds philosophers" but I should add tat "Vettiness breeds philosophers"!
Watched a cricket match after a very very long time. And wat a match it was:Aussie plundering 434 against South Africa and the Springbooks chasing it!I din watch the Aussie innings. In fact i watched the SA innings only after20 overs. And wat a chase it was!I shd add tat Aussie bowling attack was below par. Without McGrath and Warne, their bowling is akin to a rock band without guitarists. It wud b better if any of the two bowling greats is roped in as the bowling coach or sth.I do think tat the match signals the beginning of the end of Aussie Domination of cricket. They have been beaten comprehensively(by their standards that is) in Test by the Poms and now in One-Day too,their performance is beginning to deteriorate. Rest in peace Aussies...Ur time is up :D

Hurrrrrrrrrrayyyyyy!!!Schumi is back..the king is back....Long Live the King!!I know Schumi din win...but a 2nd place finish has laid the foundation for a Championship victory this time...Last year, he was defeated not by his competitors instead by changes in the format...LOL..luk wat happens if someone keeps winning!
Now they will ask Federer to play without a racket or order Ronaldinho to play as a keeper :O
I was a cars n F1 freak during my skool days and the frenzy hit a all time high during my 11th n 12th stds when I became a big Schumi fan.Everything changed when I arrived at college. I left cars behind and instead, embraced computers. Not tat I don derive the same pleasure but watching Schumi battling out wit Hakkinen(anyone know where he is??) and leaving the rest of the pack to battle it out amongst each other just felt great!These days, I am a soccer fanatic(soccer,not football :P) but I shd admit tat I am beginning to lose interest in soccer too...
Listening to lots of tamil songs these days. Lotsa movies r gonna release in the near future. Vetaiyaadu Vilayadu,Pattiyal,Godfather,Poi,Pudupettai, Paarijatham,etc. The trend these days seem to b this:two duets, one masala,one 'pheelings' number,a classical,a remix of any of the previous mentioned songs n a rap. Sometimes, the rap n the remix r the same though ur often left wondering wats the point of a remix in the same album! And the rap lyrics all sound cliched n stale.
The third part of the trilogy is titled "Omerta". I am doing a lot of research for this. Its inspired by an event in my college. Before I reveal nething else, I stop....(konjam over build up :P)
written by Vivekanand M at 9:20 PM

6 Comments:

nice post man..
yeah two of my favourite things happened that day too..
same as urs, seeing schumi back and aussies being beaten like school boys :)

and i guess hakinnen is still around, i think i heard someone say that he is into nascar racing these days. not sure if its nascar, but some american car championship :) he was at the laureus sports awards last year.. so he is still hanging around:)

3:47 PM  

Hi,

Thank for drop in, abt the linux tips here are some just for starters:


http://www.pallier.org/ressources/linux_howtos/linux_howto.html

btw, u have quite interestring blog, keep it up..

--
Balakumar Muthu

12:36 AM  

hey !

AR it is still ... huh ???
and the rebel is exhausted ???

omerta ... reading mario puzo's book .. huh ???

10:34 AM  

The match was awesome.. but I dont think it signals the doom of the Aussies. Every team has its share of bad days. Like the time when the Aussies lost to Bangladesh.. another awesome match :D I did notice the change in your name and thought there was a typo and u wanted me to write Vivek instead of Viive.. And yeah, schumi rulz..
And also u have blogged quite a lot from the last time I visited.. 3 posts!! You need to give me some ideas, dude.. seriously.
P.S: Spell check.. its springboks.

6:06 PM  

influenced by Rand???...buh dat contradicts the very concept of her book....coz the theory teaches u to do thingies at yer own will...

the moment u follow the character's traits (srry i can't find a right word here so i used an approx meaning ) you defy the whole theory of being HER ideal one!!...

10:59 PM  

ola amigo ..
interests do dwindle once in a while .. looks like u wont stopn ranting and raving abt rand ..phbbt ..
anyways omerta-kku romba build-up kudukaatha .. bussss ayda pordhu :P
poor mario puzo :-(

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home