A Weblog



Saturday, September 02, 2006

Crawl-ing

Nope!Its not easy. To be a two year old baby and to have every personwho looks at you, touching or kissin your cheeks and exclaiming supposibly "child talk" is not easy. Its ok if couple of people do it. Not every idiot who sees me!My biggest problem is that I cant talk yet. Wait till I start talking.These people are gonna run so far that they cant even find their way back to me.

Its eight o clock in the morning and I have been awake for quite sometime. I have tried my best to cry and tell the morons here that I need food. Wake up people!My mom is one of those new age gen Y moms. She belongs to the ilk of women whose first question to the doc, after the child is delivered, would be "Any way to remove these stretch marks of my belly?"Think how I would have felt.Heres my mom whoz has just delivered me and her first words are not "OH!Hes so cute(BTW i hate tat expression so don t u dare use tat in front of me). Some say you should not judge people based on your first impression. But my impression of my mom hasnt changed much after two years. Very rarely, she realises I am, after all. her child and hugs me and all. But most of the time, shes very busy in her work. I can understand if she expects my dad to accept her behavior but me??I need constant care and attention! Don t they ever understand?

And then my dad. Dont get me started about him. Instead of helping me change my underwear, he keeps writing something called software on his komputer. I dunno wat it is but he keeps staring at it all day long. Even mom has one lyk tat and she too does tat. How nice it would be if they were staring at me instead. Not all the time but atleast for sometime :-(

Mom and Dad fight most of the time. At first, it was good entertainment. Itz funny to watch two grown ups fight about something as silly as bedspread but then it got awefully boring and sometimes I wished they would stop fighting. You know, there have been times when they dont talk to each for other. She says it helps in maintaining peace. Peace??Is this some war ravaged country? His friends and her friends never get along. Her friends always keep talking about something called fashion. I ROCL ( C stands for cradle) whenever they talk about cooking. For the past two years, I have hardly seen my mom enter the kitchen. She used my birth as a pretext and never entered the kitchen during the first year. The next year, she started working and so smartly skipped cooking. I doubt if she even remembers where the kitchen is! And my dad's friends?Most of them are nerds I guess. They all look creepy and sit beside my dad and keep staring at the komputer. I think my dad would have stopped fighting with my mom if she had delivered a komputer instead of me :-(

My grandparents drop in quite often. They are ok people. But they are mega serial addicts and between 7 30 and 9 o clock in the evening, all they do is to sit and watch mega serials. My mom and dad return late from office and these people are to take care of me. But they care more about how, some ass called Siva's third wife learnt about his first wife who is dying of something called cancer, than me.

I know. I can understand if u feel "I have heard all these shit before so shut up". But just because it sounds cliched ( I heard my mom use this word once :D) does not mean its untrue. I am celebrating my second birthday today. My mom keeps asking me what I want for my second birthday(as if I can talk!). I want to tell her that all that I want is to start talking. start crawling. start jumping start walking. And start running. Away from all these people. So that I can jump off the cradle and crawl away to freedom. I doubt if someone will ever realise that I am gone. No problem! All I want is to crawl away. Crawl away to freedom.

In search of freedom,







PS:
If any of you think that you might end up like my dad or mom, please, for heaven's sake,do not have any kids. Better do not marry. It would be the one thing that would ensure your passage to heaven.
written by Vivekanand M at 1:16 PM

10 Comments:

Hey Viv,
ROCL aa, that is ma state of mind now. And ya ppl shudnt have kids if they dont spend time on them.
Black humor it is. =)
Funny.

11:34 AM  

oi viv...crazy post...lol...crawl away to freedom...now thats some line...lol...rock on(;))

9:28 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM  

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:32 AM  

Good try.. something tht describes the contemporary..:-)

11:24 PM  

Waah Waah !

awesome one !

but wait a sec, pretty demanding baby ... arent you ?
constant care and attention ? eeeks !!!!

5:16 AM  

Hello! Sorry, this comment isn't really relevant to your post, but I noticed you'd linked to blogchaat, but the link is to the old site. If it isn't too much trouble, could you please update the link? There more on that here.

Thank you!

11:30 AM  

hey, 2 years and cant walk/talk?? u must be slow!

10:45 PM  

hmm.... very imaginative :-)

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home