A Weblog



Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Old, The Mighty n The Bakseesh

oneLast sunday, I had a chance to visit the Howrah Railway station. I had to drop off my uncle, on his way to chennai, there and thought i could try and shoot a video of the mighty bridge. After saying bye to my uncle, i came out of the station and shot some gr8 fotos of the bridge :D. After tat, i planned 2 walk along the bridge for the first time. Till now, the only memory of the bridge in my head was a smoke filled old precariously hanging bridge.I kept shooting pix and then started shooting a video. The weather was gr8 and i thot i cud walk along the bridge and shoot the whole bridge. Alas! after 30 secs or so, i found myself facing a policeman. He asked me to look up:
"Photography is strictly prohibited"
The policeman threatened 2 throw away the camera(:O) but then i told him i was a tourist and a whole load of lies. After I buttered his fingers, he got convinced tat i was not planning to plant a bomb on the bridge and let me off! Long Live Kolkata Police!
Click here to watch the hoogly bridge.
PS:
To appease the policeman,i hve also shot him(wit my cam tat is!). Do catch a glimpse of him at the end of the video...
written by Vivekanand M at 9:21 AM

6 Comments:

LOL .... we even get to see the furious policeman in the last second or so?
enna solli convince panna? That u were shooting a documentary for BBC or something .... ROTFL ... :D

12:50 AM  

You must be a pro in telling lies.. :D
So what did you tell him to convince him?
Or did the geek look work in your favour?? :P

11:46 AM  

lol!!! kadasila meesakaara maama-va vera eduthuta video-la! :D :D lol!

11:36 PM  

expected tht in the frist few lines of the post...:-)
still der in kolkata?

12:53 PM  

He wouldnt have bothered you...10 rs given and he would have been all yours..

11:55 AM  

He wouldnt have bothered you...10 rs given and he would have been all yours..

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home